IMPERIAL NAVAL COMMAND
Headquarters, Delta Fleet
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
THE IMPERIAL NAVY OF CH'RIHANN
THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS
SUBJECT: Imperial Operations Within Federation Space
1. Starfleet Authority
a. The Romulan Star Empire Recognizes all current claims to space by the United Federation of Planets, both within the Alpha and Delta Quadrants.
b. All Imperial vessels operating within said space shall follow all Federation policies concerning travel within said space.
(1) This includes the proscription against using cloaking and or other such devices meant to hide or mislead sensor systems.
(2) This includes the proscription against traveling with shield and/or weapon systems at ready-standby without prior approval of the designated sector commander, unless said sector has been published as dangerous, travel at your own risk by the Federation State Department.
c. All imperial personnel assigned to, or visiting a planet, station or ship will abide by, and be
accountable for all pertinent rules and regulations of said planet, station or ship.
(1) Any civilian or fleet personnel may be remanded into Federation custody for trial or deportment, as seen fit by the local authorities.
(2) Any members of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps are to be turned over to embassy staff for minor offenses (Misdemeanors), or held for deportment proceedings for major offenses (Felonies).
d. Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets may detain Imperial subjects suspected of espionage.
(1) All diplomatic personnel are to be detained for deportment and deported after an appropriate hearing.
(2) All other Imperial subjects may be detained and punished per Federation policy, bound only by the limitations of the Kitomer Accords.
2. The Romulan Star Empire recognizes the Delta Freedom Alliance as an emerging power within the Federation. It does not, however, recognize it as a separate entity in and of itself.
a. Any conflict between the Federation and the DFA is an internal matter and the Empire will follow the Federation's own non-interference policy and will remain neutral in the matter.
b. Any attempts by either side to enlist Romulan support, either openly or by deceit, will be seen as a strain on current political ties and may result in a military response.
FOR THE COMMANDER:
COMMANDING, SES S'TASK